Monday, April 14, 2008

Wine not Whine


I admit I did a little whining today. I just wish God could give us a glimpse into the near future so we could see God's plan for Luke. I am thrilled with the progress he is making, it just seems slow sometimes and we wish we could just make things go quicker. It seems God just gives me answers and assurance. Today it was in a devotional book. "... to those who have no might He increases strength. Isaiah 40:29 God comes and takes us out of our emotionalism, and then our complaining turns into a hymn of praise. The only way to know the strength of God is to take the yoke of Jesus upon us and to learn from Him...The burden that God places on us squeezes the grapes in our lives and produces the wine. If your life is producing only a whine, instead of the wine, then ruthlessly kick it out." I will concentrate on the wine God is producing in my life in this burden of the unknown. God continually gives all of us the strength to face every day no matter what the burden because He will lighten our load when we "cast our burdens on the Lord..." Psalm 55:22 I am so thankful we have a God who cares about each little thing we are going through on this earth and walks with us through each one.


Luke had a very stable day today with not many changes other than the doctor began feeding him again. They start out slowly but usually Luke does well with that - he must have that eating gene from me! He is still having good diapers and the swelling is still just a tiny bit better. I know it will be a slow process for it to come off.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for Luke and the whole family her in Kansas City. You are all in our thoughts so much of the day. We check your blog constantly. Continue to keep your eyes on GOD, He will carry you through.

Love,
The Denney's

Gloria Aultman said...

You are all on my heart and I pray that God eases any anxious feelings you may have. God bless Luke and I cannot wait to see him well. Keep your strength and faith and never give up hope. Love gloria

kirsten said...

:) i just don't know what to say...but wanted to put my little comment on here to let you know we are with you every step.

Team Holder said...

Met with Eric's parents while we were in Naples. Had a great time seeing them and meeting Carissa's kids. Please know that we check on you daily and are so encouraged by your testimony of God's movement in your family's life. You are an encouragement to your fellow sojourners on our pilgrimage to Mt. Zion!!I pray that the LORD is near and continues to speak to you through His word. Run the race with endurance fixing your eyes on Jesus!!! Many are praying for you in KC.
Love,
Sara Moon-Holder

Nicole said...

Just wanted you to know that you continue to be in our prayers in Tennessee. I lift up Luke and your family on a regular basis. May God's grace be with you.

Nicole

Daniel said...

Dear Susan and Eric,
Just want you to know that we are here with you every day, praying. Even though we cannot possibly understand the emotional turmoil you are going through nor can we understand God's plan, we do know that God has used your dear family's faith to witness to so many people around the world - what a blessing!
We love you,
Dan and Joyce Mincavage

Misty said...

Wow! you just amaze me everyday. You seem to just be so strong. I know I couldn't be. I'm constantly thinking and praying for you and your family. I know that only God could give you the strength and peace that you guys seem to have. Our God is enough! More than Enough! Your such an inspiration to me with your Faith.

EricHStone said...

Luke,
We lift you up, hug you, love you, sqeeze you, touch you all with the power of our hearts and minds, and our hands. Daily I think of our first meeting and I remember holding your little toes and fingers, so you would know Eric (aka Daddy) and I were visiting.
That one short moment in time when I was able to visit you before you moved to this new hospital I bonded to you, as much as any Aunt can. I visit you daily in prayer and on this blog,I know you can not read this but your Mother and Father and Brother and Sister can read this and they touch you as much as the doctors will allow them to physically touch you without causing you to de-saturate. That human touch has POWERS no doctor can explain.
Holy Spirit surround and continue to protect "Luke the Warrior" from all the harm of the Co2, low oxygen, normalize the albumin, eliminate the fluid from his skin, bring clarity to the plan for his life, bring clarity to the direction his healing will go, and bring comfort to his family as they all cope in their own special ways. As we continue to journey with Luke we give Glory to you in knowing, as I speak, lives are changing from this experience including mine.
Love Aunt Carissa

Martha said...

He looks better in the picture today. Hopefully, he's ready to take some big steps forward.

I know what you mean about how hard it is not to whine sometimes. When you have something in your life with an uncertain future, you just wish you could know how things are going to play out (the human in us wants to plan ahead appropriately) instead of having to wait and live them out at a snail's pace.

Continuing to pray for you guys ...
Martha

Martha said...

He looks better in the picture today. Hopefully, he's ready to take some big steps forward.

I know what you mean about how hard it is not to whine sometimes. When you have something in your life with an uncertain future, you just wish you could know how things are going to play out (the human in us wants to plan ahead appropriately) instead of having to wait and live them out at a snail's pace.

Continuing to pray for you guys ...
Martha