Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mountain Mover


Luke is still doing okay. His labs are still good. His CRP has dropped again so the antibiotics are working. We think the swelling is continuing to go down very slowly but we see it. He is doing well with his little bit of feeding. He is still having good diapers. His vent settings continue to be up and down so we don't really watch them very closely at this time.


I was filled today with the overwhelming power of God. He created this whole world, each and every one of us down to each little detail. He made the human body so intricate that science can't explain the way it works sometimes. God has the power to heal anything, whether here on earth or in heaven. God can lift us out of the deepest, darkest valley if we only trust in him. He just asks us to place our faith in him. I like the words to this song on a CD a friend shared with me.


"My God is a mountain mover, my Gods gonna make a way. Can't count all the times he's proven, we can trust him just have faith. Take a hopeless situation, watch him turn it all around. Nothing is impossible. Can't hold back I've got to shout - my God is a mountain mover."


Psalm 28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusts in him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy, and I will give thanks to him in song."

7 comments:

Bronie said...

I'm so glad Luke is holding his own, and God is holding Luke. You all continue to be in our prayers here in MS, and in LA, TN, KY, Southeast Asia, GA, NC, NJ, OK, TX and countless other places that i cannot remember at the moment.

Luke is so loved, and I am asked about him at every gathering. We will continue to pray for his perfect healing. He is so precious, and my own kids ask to check the blog every day at least once. Emily commented that his swelling looked better. I think so too. :)

Gloria Aultman said...

Luke is such a fighter and I am pulling for him. So glad to hear good news that he is a little better and I think he looks better also. You guys hang in there. Wow God is good. Love Gloria

girlmomx3 said...

I am amazed and encouraged everyday by your faith! I know the nurses, doctors and even the custodian can see that something is different about your family! What a testimony!

We are so thrilled with Luke's progress! We are still lifting up his levels and praying for "his puffy little hands".(a real burden on Kendall's (age 6)heart). =)

Blessings,
Jane

allison said...

Still checking in and praying for Luke! Even I can see progress in his swelling. What a praise! I know Lynne filled you in on my current scenario. Please remember me in your time of prayer. God had a plan set for me we well. His awesome power continues to fill me with awe. Hang in there...
Allison (Lynne and Neal's friend)

kirsten said...

well, and i say this carefully, of COURSE he's hanging in there...he's gotta be a little stubborn if he's a HOWARD!

i am amazed at the life lesson you are living in front of your kids...faith in action, unconditional love, patience tested and complete trust in God.

Anonymous said...

God must look down from heaven and be so proud of your faith and strength! "Mountain Moving Faith!" All of us in Florida will keep praying for Baby Luke! So many people are praying for
Baby Luke and know that God, Jesus, our Lord, our Creator God hears all our prayers! "God is our refuge and strength." Psalm 46:1 Love, T

Honeycutts said...

Everyday I long to check the blog to see the great progress Luke has made. I always knew that you and Eric were amazing, however I am in awe everyday by your inspiring and encouraging words of God. You have taught me so much through the last several weeks. I know that God is holding Luke so carefully in his hands. He does truly have enough Howard in him to make him fighter. We all continue to pray for him throughout the day. I love you all,
Christie