Tuesday, April 1, 2008


Sorry I had no picture yesterday. I have misplaced my camera so today I took an old one. Luke is still stable. His output has been more consistent last night and today. Yesterday he hadn't had any output all day then last night he began having some output. It is amazing how excited you can get about a little wet diaper! The doctor explained today that this is capillary leak syndrome where the fluid has leaked out of his capillaries and into the tissue. He said sometimes they will get back to normal and sometimes they don't. He really couldn't give us any time frame - we are still in a wait and see time. He feels this has probably happened due to the infection Luke has been fighting. The doctors continue to keep up Luke's intravascular volume to try to pull some of the fluid back into this system. Luke has been stable these last few days which is good he's not going backwards.


I feel like God is answering our prayers a little each day. We are seeing more wet diapers, we are covered in God's peace, Luke is stable, we got an answer today to what the doctor thinks is going on, we are so taken care of by our family and friends with phone calls, food, cards and prayers. God is so good to us every day.


I found my verse today in a funny way. Our white lab, Sugar, has been a little out of sorts with our crazy schedules. She has been really good for about a week so she was bound to do something soon and today was the day. She chose to eat my little bible which was on the kitchen table. She didn't do much damage just a few bites out of the back cover, Genesis chapter 5 is missing and the last page of Zephaniah. Looking at what was missing in Zephaniah led me to a verse I like.


Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

8 comments:

kirsten said...

DOG-gone it...sometimes God just needs to get your attention anyway possible :)

I'm so thankful you received some answers today...I will pray for more to come.

I won't cook you dinner but maybe I should send some dog treats (kind of tastes the same as my cooking anyway.)

girlmomx3 said...

Baby steps! We are praying for those diapers!
Bless your hearts today,
Jane

Penny Barber said...

Hey,
I just had a wonderful lesson I wanted to share.Thomas Merton, a Trappist mok and writer said" to hope is to risk frustration. therefore, make up your mind to risk frustration."

The Hebrew word for Hope is wait with confidence.
I "HOPE" complete healing for Luke!
Isaiah 40:31 Love Penny

sweatmanseven said...

We continue to pray for Luke. We are so grateful for the Peace God is giving you all. We love you.

Mike and Melinda

Martha said...

More prayers for your little guy. Hugs for you guys ...

Martha (Kirsten's friend)

Anonymous said...

Hey, guys. We have not met, but we have been keeping up with Luke through your blogs and I catch up with John King periodically. I have passed your blog site to our Sunday School class and we have been praying for you guys. Keep staying strong and encouraged and seek the Lord.

God Bless!!
Jeff and Tina Edwards

Heather Karns said...

Eric & Susan ~
Thank you for your daily updates. We will continue to keep each of you in our prayers. You family is such an inspiration during such difficult circumstances. We continue to be inspired by your strong faith and encouraging words. May you find comfort in knowing you are never alone on this journey.

God Bless~
Heather & Chad Karns

EricHStone said...

Susan,
It must be Dog mis-behave day, Molly had a bad day too. I missed your call last night. Missy MyAnn says hello to you all, and I have begun to try to figure out what insane crazy fun party and cake I could do for her first party (2nd)B -day in June. still not sure what day we are going to celebrate either. Miss you all, and Love hearing about the wet diapers. We love you all,
Aunt Kisa