Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New idea


Luke has remained about the same for a few days. Up a little then down a little. No huge changes. As I was driving to the hospital today I was just wondering how long this would go on. When I got there I was praying over Luke and just telling God I was in need of some change or an answer - just something. About twenty minutes later the doctor walked over and said he had been talking with a colleague about Luke. This was the same man he talked with a few weeks ago about Luke's kidneys. The man couldn't believe Luke was still here! After their discussion our doctor decided it would be good to try a steroid that had shown some improvements in premie lungs if we would agree to it. We decided it was definitely worth trying so Luke got his first dose today. He will get it for five days and if it is going to help him we should see some results quickly. I think it just helps to at least be trying something after so many days of up and down. They also think nutrition is very important and are upping Luke's feeds and adding calories. Luke's labs are getting better every day. His albumin is actually going up each day. We continue to rest in God's will for Luke's life. We just love him more every day we have with him and are thankful for each day. His little life continues to reach people - more every day. We are thankful God has allowed us to take this journey with Him as we know He is leading us, carrying us sometimes, giving us strength and teaching us patience.


Psalm 105:1-4 "Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name, make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him, tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always."

6 comments:

Kristy said...

You are so right, Luke's little life does touch so many others. I have followed your blog since I was first asked to pray for him, and I pray daily for healing, and rejoice in every bit of good news. Your faith touches others in ways you may never know.

Gloria Aultman said...

Luke and your family have really touched my life. I agree with Kristy that your faith touches so many. You and Eric are stronger than most being in this kind of situation and that tells us all where you stand in your faith. Stay strong and I will continue to pray for all of you. love gloria

kirsten said...

I'm sure you have that drive to and from the hospital memorized, every billboard and exit...it has been a long few months of up, down and status quo. We will pray through the next 5 days as Luke takes on extra calories (of course, i hope you know i'm resisting a joke about my extra calories here...) and you take on another week of up and down.

Honeycutts said...

Susan and Eric your faith has touched and continues to touch so many lives as does Lukes. When I read your words I just feel you talking to me and telling me your story. Luke is constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Tonight I was talking to Leslie and Luke has become the topic of the soccer field in Rockwall, Texas. Now people that haven't even known about him want to know who they are talking about. We now have more people lifting all of you up everyday and night. Susan I want you to know that you have reconnected my relationship with God. Each day it is stronger and stronger and I pray that too Luke will get stronger in God's time. I know you have touched many lives, but what you have done for me is so very special. Thank you for deep strong faith. I love you,
Christie

girlmomx3 said...

We are so in love with Luke. We can hardly wait to meet him. He is so loved and lifted up in Texas. I know you feel blessed to be a passenger on "The Luke Train", but he is blessed by your faith--which in turn is blessing our socks off!
Expecting a miracle today,
jane

Anonymous said...

What a sweet baby boy. I have followed your blog since I received a link from our Sunday School class (Vehrs). All of you sweet ones are in my prayers. I cry for you, rejoice for you and pray/plead with you for a wonderful healing of little Luke. In my Beth Moore devotional today it read, "We will never take our places as "more than overcomers" with nothing to overcome." You guys are to be MIGHTY overcomers. It is my privilege and honor to pray with you for Luke and your entire family.
Windy Blair