Friday, April 25, 2008

Psalm 106:1-2

"Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. his love endures forever. Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the Lord or fully declare his praise?"

I am filled with such a feeling of excitement. Luke is still doing well. We know God has answered so many prayers. Even if Luke is not completely healed here on earth, God will have done great things. As I think back over all he has brought Luke through already, he has performed miracles. Our miracle for today is that Luke is still doing well on the new vent, having good blood gases and co2 levels that are within his limits. The fact that the nurse and I could move Luke (I finally got to pick him up in my own hands!) to change his bed and massage him, and he didn't de-sat. A couple weeks ago he could not have handled us handling him. All the infection God has brought him through is a miracle. The fact that he is still here after his kidneys weren't functioning is amazing. The confirmation he has given us when Eric and I are immediately in agreement is a blessing. The peace he has given is indescribable. I thank God for all the mighty acts he has already performed in Luke's life and continue to ask for healing from Jehovah Rophe, God our healer.

For most of this last year I have prayed that God would use us. I know he led Eric to go to Nigeria a year ago and gave him the desire to help provide water for the people there. I know he continually calls me to work with children at church, but I felt led to pray for direction for us as to where he wanted us to work next. He has definitely answered that with Luke. Whether it is for a short time or a lifetime, we will proclaim his power, his love and his miracles we have experienced and hope to experience to everyone. We pray people will come to know Jesus through our faith in God we feel led to share.


1 Peter 1:6-7 " In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. "

2 comments:

girlmomx3 said...

Tears and chill bumps! WOW! What a day our little Luke has had! Sister--you might be more amazing than that sweet baby is! Your faith in Jesus surpasses anything I've ever seen. If I could have have of that I would count myself blessed--

We are so thrilled that you got to hold him! He needed that so badly! Probably almost as badly as you did!

Expecting a miracle,
Jane

Gloria Aultman said...

I am excited, my heart is beating faster and I can't quit smiling. What a wonderful day you had and just to hold him meant so much even if it meant just picking him up. Oh I pray for another day for God to heal his little body. I feel God at work in all of us that have followed your family during this time. I praise him for that. Love gloria