Friday, April 11, 2008

In God's Hands


Luke is very serious once again. Last night in the night his blood pressure dropped and they had trouble getting it back up. They finally did and it has been good today. Then his morning labs showed evidence of an infection. That is what the doctor thinks caused his blood pressure to drop. Anyway they have sent his blood off to culture and started him on 3 antibiotics. In the midst of being so sick his co2 and blood gases have been good. We need to pray that the infection is not in his central line which is where he is receiving all his meds and fluids. The doctor is very worried about this and how his little body can battle another infection.


We were so thankful to be together today - all 5 of us. Hogan and Sydney feel so much better that they have been with Luke again. We spent some time with him this morning and went back tonight too. We all continue to have a peace that God is holding Luke in His hands and he's going to be okay. We continue to draw strength from God and turn to him in this storm. We do not dispair, we trust in God's perfect plan for Luke's life.


Psalm 59:16 "But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble."

5 comments:

Melissa Harris said...

What a beautiful picture! Baby Luke is always in our continuous thoughts and prayers... It is so uplifting when we get a bit of positive progress... We hang on to those positives and our hope and prayer for Baby Luke to get back to great health. We are amazed at your strength and want you to know your faith and knowing it is "In God's Hands" strengthens us- Your words are words of wisdom for all...Baby Luke is so special and has touched so many people..He is a blessing and we will continue to know "In God's Hands He Is"...

girlmomx3 said...

I am so glad the kids were able to be with Luke! I know they feel a connection, but seeing him is I'm sure different for them. I woke up early this morning UGGG! I may be turning into my parents! But anyway, Luke was on my mind and heart. I prayed for his levels--if they are supposed to be up send them up and if they are supposed to go down, they will!

I have shared Luke with my school and they are some serious "teachin' praying chicks" so you better watch out! =)

Expecting miracles,
Jane

Gloria Aultman said...

Once again I am having trouble bloging. I was so thankful to see the children together and that you all were there as a family. I continue to pray for all of you especially Luke. God is good and he will see to your family's every need. love gloria

sweatmanseven said...

I have been out of town but have called home to check on Luke several times. I am so glad Hogan and Sydney were able to go see him. What a blessing. We love the photo. We are still praying daily for Luke and his healing. Praying for you all as well.
Melinda

kirsten said...

this is awesome to see all your kids together! we continue to pray for all of you together as a family...for your time together. God is surrounding ALL of you as you surround luke with love and prayers.