Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Looking Good!


Luke just looks better every day. We just sit there and study him to see what might be different. Today he was really moving his mouth, sucking on his tube and opening his mouth really big. He can shut his mouth all the way now too. Today he was moving his head just a little too. His hands are still swollen, but you can squish the fluid in them where before they were tight and looked ready to pop. Today the doctor raised his feeds and lowered his vent settings a little. So far he has done well with both. One thing I really want to pray against is more infection. That could really set him back again. Today the doctor used the words that he is improving! How wonderful and how far we are from last week.


Today in My Utmost for His Highest the title is "Gracious Uncertainty". Oswald Chambers goes on to explain, "Certainty is the mark of the commonsense life - gracious uncertainty is the mark of the spiritual life. To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, not knowing what tomorrow may bring. This is generally expressed with a sigh of sadness, but it should be an expression of breathless expectation" I think that is how I have been feeling lately - still uncertain of exactly where we are headed with Luke, but certain of my belief in God and that he is in control and answering our prayers each day. I am filled with expectation of what the future will bring and excited to see what God will do next. He is so good and brings new strength and blessings every morning. We face each day with gracious uncertainty - abandoned to God and expectant in what he will bring each day on Luke's journey.


Psalm 71:14 "But as for me, I will always have hope, I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone."


Kendall, we will get a better hand picture tomorrow!

5 comments:

girlmomx3 said...

Kendall feels like a movie star! A movie star that should be in bed, but isn't. . . We can hardly wait to see his hands. Improving is a great word, especially from a doctor!
I have a verse for you, even though you amaze me with all of the wonderful scripture that you have floating around in your head. We had a sermon series about the "Good Life" last week. The sermon was about always being ready with your testimony. "But in your hearts always set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." 1Peter 3:15
Expecting a miracle,
Jane

Gloria Aultman said...

Looking good that is for sure. I pray that there will be no more infections and any other kind of problems. I trust that God will see him through. How exciting to see improvements each day. I have a happy heart today for Luke. I Thank you and Eric for sharing Luke with us and I feel my faith has strengthen on this journey with your family. God bless you. Love gloria

EricHStone said...

Susan in the words of Nemo's Dory, Just keep swimming swimming swimming,...
I should nick name you Warrior also, as you amaze me just like your friend Jane, (aka girlmomx3)feels amazed. What a joy to see Lukes little body make movements emerging from the swelling, like tulips in the spring emerging from the frozen earth.
Sunday brings me another verse to share and one I want to memorize, what a joy the Word of God is.....

Romans 5:1-5 Faith Triumphs in Trouble, Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glorify in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces persevereance, and perseverance, character and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

How powerful and strenghtening this passage is and how it can be valuable in so many situations, and can bring peace to a weary worrier. I am so excited to see Luke again soon.
Love Aunt Carissa

kirsten said...

i can't help but be struck by little elmo peeking out of the diaper...it's a little reminder of the little boy inside that we all want to see grow stronger each day. ben has been sleeping with baby jack...and tonight he leaned over and kissed him and re-named him baby luke, at least for the night.

as we busy ourselves with daily activities know that we carry you in our hearts and prayers.

Team Holder said...

WOW!!! I am in awe of our God and His work. Luke is such a precious little baby. Your blog is so encouraging. You are a true light in dark times. Shining the light of Jesus for all to see. Your flame for Christ burns bright-thanks for spreading it to others!
Sara Moon-Holder