Wednesday, April 30, 2008

In His Hands


I love to hold Luke's little hand. It feels so good to feel him squeeze my finger, probably just a reaction in his sleep, but it still feels good to connect with him. His little hands have been so swollen and still have a ways to go, but even swollen I would hold his hand and hope he felt the connection and it made him feel good. Often I feel I walk through the day holding God's hand just so I can be close and feel connected to him. My prayers are usually a running conversation off and on all day as I hold on to God. Meanwhile he is holding the whole world in his hands. I am reminded of this as I pray for others who also hold onto God's hand, a little friend who will face heart surgery tomorrow, her parents as they wait during her surgery, a friend who tries to recover from a really bad car accident...how overwhelming to us to think God cares and is involved in so many lives. Lives he created and people he calls his children, his very own. Oh how he loves you and me.


1 John 4:9-10 "This is how God showed his love among us; He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love; not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."


Luke continues to do well. They weaned him quite a bit today and have had to go back a bit on it tonight, but hopefully by morning they can get him back to some of his settings from today. His labs continue to be good and he was resting really well today. Thank you for continuing to pray for Luke.





7 comments:

Gloria Aultman said...

The picture is so sweet with you holding his hand. I know you have made a connection with him as you have been talking to him since day one. I am so happy Luke is slowly making progress. I just have to remember it is in God's timing. I am excited to hear what another day will bring and I will pray for more improvements and no setbacks. God Bless all of you. Love Gloria

Anonymous said...

Cousin,
I was updating Morgan on Luke's progress. She was so excited that he was getting better because she can't wait to give him a hug and meet him.
Luke is in our daily prayers!
All us here in San Diego are reading your blog and love to hear of Luke's progress.
We love you all.
Cristan

Misty said...

You amaze me everyday! I feel like I've heard from God every morning just reading your posts. I think you guys are awesome. Your love and faith are unimaginable. I am so thrilled to hear and see his progress. He's just beautiful! God is way big enough to heal his little body and we are praying with you guys for him daily. Thanks for allowing us to take this journey with you. It is such a privledge for me. I wish I could do more for you guys but I know this is the very best thing I can do. I know you don't have much free time but if you have a second take a look at this. I thought of you guys when I saw this. It's amazing stuff. God is truly our glue and I know he's holding Luke together. Blessings!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4zgJXPpI4

girlmomx3 said...

Hands--I love the thought of being in God's hand. I also heard a sermon once about anything that comes into my life has gone through God's hands, like a sieve! Even when I don't like what's going on that is such a wonderful visual for me!

Kendall is so happy with her "shout out" on Luke's dot com! She was glad to see his sweet little hands looking less puffy!

Blessings to you all,
Jane

Misty said...

I couldn't figure out how to get that video to you. So I just posted it on my blog. IF you have a few minutes take a look. I think it will be encouraging to you and your family. Take Care!

Misty said...

www.mcgregorblessings.blogspot.com

Honeycutts said...

There is nothing more beautiful than your hand with Luke's hand. I just left Misty's blog and watching the video she had posted. We had this sermon several months ago and I had forgotten the LAMININ! WOW is the word. God is so good he has filled Luke full of Laminin I am sure and each day he is taking baby steps like a baby will do some days they take a fall a few steps back, but then they catch right back up. Continue to hold his had and let me squeeze. He looks so good and I continue to pray everyday. All my love to all of you, Christie