Sunday, April 6, 2008

Luke continues to have wet diapers. The doctor said today he is pleased with his progress there. They had to work with his vent settings and drugs today to keep his oxygen saturation where it needs to be, he just hates to be moved but has to several times a day. This causes his sat to go down and sometimes they have to work to get him where he needs to be. We are thankful to have nurses who are getting to know Luke and work well with him. He is still very swollen and we are sure ready to see that change. I told the doctor today I wish I could just wave a magic wand over him and make it disappear! It all just takes time which is hard to take. Eric and I both wish we had a glimpse into the future to see where we will be in six months. We know we will still be in God's hands as we know He holds the future. We know whatever He has in store will be the best for all of us.

Lamentations 3:22-24 "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.'"

3 comments:

girlmomx3 said...

Oh the glory of a wet diaper! Who knew! We can't wait to see what Luke is going to look like when he isn't so swollen! I know you are anxious for that too! We continue to lift him up several times a day! I think our girls are in love with him. We are working on some arranged marriages. Looking for some Godly men. . . I sure hope if ya'll ever get to Texas we get to meet. Luke's birth has taught our girls about intercessory prayer! They can see his pictures and read your words and know that the Lord is moving, even though He isn't moving like we think He should. They want to hold him, so we're holding him in our prayers! I can't wait to see what's in store for Luke and those that love him this week!
Blessings,
jane

kirsten said...

"a long obedience in the same direction"...i think that is from a book rob read (you know i only read people magazine) but it just hits me with where you guys are and where you are going. you are so faithful to stay on God's path.

Matthew said...

The Denney's are so excited that Luke has wet diapers!! I never would have imagined we would be so excited and about delighted about wet diapers!!! We are so thankful for all the miracles God continues to poor out over Luke. We continue to pray for complete healing. We also continue to lift the whole family up for comfort and strength.
I'm sorry to hear that your Grandma Howard passed away. I know she live a long full life, but you will still miss her and will be grieving for her and it's already such a difficult time for you family. Know that your in our daily prayers.

Love,
Dee Denney and family