Sunday, April 27, 2008

More Progress!!!!


Luke is just doing so well. Eric and I could see so much progress with his swelling. His little ears are taking shape again. His chest and stomach are much smaller. We can see the holes in his nose now! We love to sit there and check out every inch of him to see how he changes. He continues to do well breathing on the new vent. Today I took him some music and a little player with a pillow speaker. Now he can listen to the same music Hogan and Sydney listened to as they went to sleep as babies. I just talked to the nurse and she thought it seemed soothing to him. We just praise God for how far he has brought Luke this week.

This morning at church the speaker talked about the relationship this certain kind of sheep have with their shepherd and how they learn his voice from the moment they are born and follow his voice when he calls to them. God wants this kind of relationship with us from the moment we come to know him. He wants us to learn his voice, love him and build our relationship with him so that we know and depend on him as our heavenly father. In trials like we have been going through, we hear God's voice calling us closer to him. We follow his word and trust in his will for our lives. I have spent the last nine weeks building my relationship with Luke as he hears my voice and I learn his ways, all the while leaning on my heavenly father. I pray Luke finds comfort from me and my voice as I find comfort in God.


Isaiah 40:11 "He tends his flock like a shepherd. He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart, he gently leads those that have young."




10 comments:

Kristy said...

Praise God! I am so thrilled to read your post, and Luke looks so beautiful! I continue to pray that he gets better daily. He has such an army of prayer warriors praying on his behalf!

girlmomx3 said...

Yipee! I bet you will discover all sorts of wrinkles in your new little man this week. My babies listened to Christian radio from day one and still listen while they sleep. I like to hide The Word in their hearts, even while they sleep!

Expecting a miracle,
Jane
Member of Luke's prayer army in TX!

Jennie said...

It's all so exciting to see Luke's progress. I love the way he is holding the stuffed animal. We also see his swelling disappearing.
In Church today we read about prayer since May 1st is national Day of prayer and our scripture was James 5:13-20. This brought me back to Luke and all those that have been praying for him and how God has heard all our prayers and how he is faithful. Thank you allowing us to be on this Journey of Faith with you....

Gloria Aultman said...

I am so excited. Wow, God is really showing his presence in Luke's life. I pray that tomorrow will be a good day and more improvements will come. I am praising God to the fullest right now as I cannot wait to see what else he has in store for all of you. You all are such a blessing to me. Keep the faith. Love gloria Luke is a doll!!!

kirsten said...

I can see it! He definitely looks less swollen...how exciting! God has blessed Luke with an unconditional love from you and Eric...we will continue for progress and strength.

Anonymous said...

Luke is in our prayers and we are deeply grateful for his progess. We continue to pray that God would cover Luke with His healing touch.

Pam and David Hodge

Shirley said...

I am so thrilled to see little Luke looking so much better, Praise God from whom all Blessings flow. I continue to pray for him and you everyday. Blessings on your family, you encourage my heart with your posts.

Love, Shirley Toepler
I'm in your folks Care group in Naples.

sweatmanseven said...

I think he looks better as well. We are so thrilled. Know we are lifting you up daily in our prayers.
Mike and Melinda

Matthew said...

Susan and Eric,
We thank and praise God for the latest miracles he continues to perform on Luke.
Susan I am sooooo happy that you have been able to hold Luke in your hands. Now I pray for you to be able to hold him close to you in your arms. I pray that the day will come soon so that he can hear your heartbeat again as you hold him close to your chest.
We continue to praise God for all he has done for Luke and your family.

Dee

Anonymous said...

susan and eric
well we are doing alot of prayer for baby Luke at First Bapisit Church in Independence, MO. I look at your blog everyday and pray too.