Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Babies everywhere!


I took the kids to the zoo today so they could do something fun on spring break. It was a zoo of people today as well as animals. It seemed everyone had the same idea for spring break and it seemed everywhere I looked there were people with infants. It left me realizing I have such an empty place in my heart with Luke in the hospital. It is fun to see babies, just makes me miss mine more. Even the gorillas had babies - they sure were cute! I felt better leaving there and getting to go hold Luke's hand. He was "awake" meaning he was moving his mouth, moving his eyes under the swelling and moving his hands and feet. That is how I know he is awake. It always makes me glad to see that - it's just a glimpse of the darling little boy that is still there inside all that swelling and sedation.


Luke is about the same. Still having good diapers and his lab results look better every day. Last night they really had to work to keep his co2 down, but did and he had a pretty good day. I don't think he is any more swollen than yesterday, although at this point it is hard to tell. We continue to pray for the swelling to go down.


Tonight I asked the kids what a favorite verse was for each of them. Sydney's favorite right now is John 3:16 "all the way through 17" "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." Hogan liked Psalm 139:13-15 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth." He said that is because we know God made Luke the way he wanted him and he could heal him.


We thank God for giving us all this learning and growing experience. We thank him for his goodness, faithfulness, provision but most of all love that he would give his very own Son for each one of us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO SUSAN AND ERIC,
I JUST RECEIVED THIS WHOLE STORY TODAY FROM STEPHANIE GOENS. MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU BOTH AND YOUR SWEET CHILDREN. I KEEP THINKING TO MYSELF....COULD I EVER BE THIS STRONG TO SEE YOUR CHILD AND FEEL SO HELPLESS? I KNOW THAT GOD IS IN CHARGE AND WILL TAKE YOU AND LUKE ON WHATEVER PATH HE PUTS YOU ON AND IT WILL BE "MEANT TO BE" IN HIS OWN EYES. I AM SORRY I AM NOT THERE TO GIVE YOU BOTH A WARM HUG FROM KANSAS CITY. YOU WILL BE IN MY DAILY PRAYERS EVERYDAY AND REMEMBER THAT GOD DOESN'T GIVE YOU SOMETHING YOU CAN'T HANDLE. LAST TIME I SAW YOU TWO W/ THE KIDS WAS AT THE CLASS REUNION IN KC.

TAKE CARE
JANIE (MCCAFFREY) WIDMAN

The Conrad Family said...

Praying fervently for God's will and glorification. Your precious family is in my prayers and I have passed your story/blog on to others. I learned of your dear Luke several weeks ago from Leslie Milder and want you to know folks all over are praying for you (we're in Oklahoma).

EricHStone said...

Hello Eric Susan Hogan and Syd,
Again I begin my morning to try and help people in pain here in Tampa, and I immediately think first of my family in Atlanta. I,as an observer, from photos for now outside of my first amazing visit in Feb. see the fluid disapating slowing, Lukes face definately is less swollen with the last blog photo compared to the week before. It is hard to see progress up close when you are there diligently daily watching but every cell in his body is working hard to recover. I still feel a sense of powerful Holy Spirit protection about Luke and WARRIOR HE IS. I agree he will show all of us no matter what happens, what the Glory of Gods Kingdom is all about and the miracles of Prayer. So many people are touched by him daily now. Eric it is good to hand over your burdens it is what gives me strength through my times of trouble, it so comforting.
Love Big Sis.
Carissa

girlmomx3 said...

I think the swelling looks better today. We are praying that every fiber in his little body is working the push all of that fluid out. . .

I am so inspired by you all. What an amazing family.

Big blessings today,
Jane

Wagner family said...

Eric, Susan, Hogan and Syndey,
My husband Derek and I attend the north campus of New Hope Baptist Church in Fayetteville, GA. We learned about your family through an email sent by our Sunday School class (Vehrs) on March 24 with a link to your Blog. We have been checking this Blog every day ever since, along with keeping Luke and your family in our prayers. Even though we are pretty sure we have not yet met any of you, we feel like we are getting to know you and care about you through your Blog. We have one son, 5-year-old Nathan, so we can empathize with you about the desire for our children to be well and not suffering. Your great faith and trust in our LORD is an inspiration and a comfort, because you have reminded us Who we always need to be walking with, no matter the circumstances. He IS in control! Amen!
Praying for you and thinking of you daily,
Derek, Lisa & Nathan Wagner