Sunday, April 13, 2008

Progress!!!


Today at the hospital with Luke we could finally see progress with the swelling going down! It is slight progress but we are on the right track. His head is now cushy instead of tight with fluid and you can now move the skin on his hand instead of it looking like it will explode. The doctor is very happy with his direction and said he may begin to feed him again if everything looks as good tomorrow. Today the nephrologist told our nurse he didn't think Luke would still be here today. It really hits home how sick he is and has been. We are so thankful God has brought him this far. The only culture that has grown is in the ET tube which is showing staph. He is being covered by antibiotics and his CRP is heading down. It was such an exhilarating feeling to have good news today, especially after we started the day in the ER with Hogan getting a stitch over his eye where he hit his head when he fell out of bed in the night! We are really just trying to hit every hospital in town. He is fine but gave Eric a scare when he passed out during the stitch.


We felt so good to be in church today with so many of you who are praying with us. We will never be able to express our thanks enough or to all of you who are standing with us, but know we are being blessed by God's love shown through you. As we prayed at the altar today the congregation was singing one of my favorite Brooklyn Tabernacle songs.


"For you, Oh Lord, are my strength, my shield, my glory and the lifter of my head. "


God is our strength and our shield and our glory. He lifts us up from the things of this world to keep our focus on Him and the work he is doing.

6 comments:

girlmomx3 said...

I knew this was going to be a great weekend for Luke. We are so thrilled. We want you to get to hold him and soon! We will continue to lift up the swelling.

Blessings,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan,
We sent you a message last night. It's under your Prayer Request on Monday, April 7th. Who knows what I did wrong? We are glad to hear about Luke's progress yesterday. Olivia and Chloe Beth said a lot of prayers last night for Luke before going to bed. Olivia is putting Luke's name on the Prayer Board in her Religion class. They pray each day for the prayer requests so that's 88 6th graders praying for Luke each day.
Love,
Kevin,Karen,Olivia&CB

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all today and rejoicing in the progress being made. Lifting you all up each day to the only one who can give you strength and comfort. Love, Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Susan,
I have wanted to say so much to you but I have no clue what to say. I have been praying for Luke and your family. I got a chance to visit with our family this past weekend and it did not feel the same with out you there but I know that you were there in our hearts.. Your family has always been an inspiration to me. I am so proud of you and want you to know that I am thinking of you and that I love you!
Love Andrea (Annie)

Anonymous said...

Wow. How moving this is! I am a pediatric nurse at CHOA. Your faith has moved me. I needed this. I don't mean to "need" anything, but this has affected me in a life changing way. Your family inspiration is so moving. This is all happening for a reason. I can feel it!

Matthew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.