Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Children


Luke had a down up day. He started off on very high ventilator settings and is ending them at much lower settings. He seems to have bad nights so I just told the nurse who is on tonight that the kids and I prayed for Luke, the nurse and his night tonight. She laughed and said so far it was good! It was a rough day emotionally with our doctor getting some news from another doctor that we were ready to stop treatment on Luke. I thought he was coming to tell me he was dying so it was a roller coaster morning. I just told him I pray we never have to make that decision - that God will make it for us. That is a prayer concern that God will just reveal his will and direction very clearly to us. Luke remains stable in his very sick condition. His labs were okay today and he is oxygenating well, he just remains on a lot of ventilator support. I didn't see much change today in the swelling. We'll just keep praying.


I love children of any age. I teach a 3 year-old choir at church on Wednesday nights and tonight as I sat singing with them I just smiled at their sweet little voices singing praise to God. They just sing (shout) with all their might about "all things, everything, absolutely anything, God can do anything." I think how God must smile to hear them sing. I pray that each on of them will grow up learning and experiencing the absolute power of God. It seems like I hear so many stories about how children are following the blog and praying for Luke. We are so touched to hear the stories. God cares so much for children and I know loves their prayers.


Psalm 8:2 "From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise."


Matthew 19:14 "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."


5 comments:

kirsten said...

Be strong and courageous and get to work for the Lord my God is with you. He will not forsake you. He will see to it that everything is finished correctly.

1 Chronicles 28:20

:)

Gloria Aultman said...

Let us pray that tomorrow will be a better day. Sorry you had some ups and downs and I am sure lumps in your throat. Luke is fighting to get better and I know God is holding his hand. Stay strong. I have your whole family in my thoughts and prayers always. love gloria

The Common Link said...

I watched you sign praises to God as a child and now, just as beautifully and innocently, as a remarkable Christian woman. I love you. Cynthia

girlmomx3 said...

I love the innocence and genuine trust that come with the prayers of my girls. I know that God loves it and hears it too! Blessings today however they come, they are blessings.

Jane

Kristi said...

We continue to check your blog every day. We pray daily for each of you and for Luke. You guys continue to shine on in your faith and love of the Lord.
May His gentle mercies be evident in all things as you wait.