Saturday, March 1, 2008

Baby Steps

Luke didn't make much progress with his ventilator during the day today, although they were able to lower his settings a little overnight. He did get his umbillical line out and is doing well with that. He now has two hands free which may prove to be a little trouble! He got a hold of his vent tube tonight so we are having to let him hold something! The pediatric radiologist re-read the bone x-rays and did see some subtle things on his ribs and vertebrae that might indicate a mild type of dwarfism but he is just not fitting in any category perfectly since some of the tests show normal. They will continue to monitor him and probably do some genetic testing. We are ready for whatever God has for us. Still working on the patience. I know I want to see more breathing progress - but it will come. Here is a video from tonight.

4 comments:

kirsten said...

I LOVE the video...little rascal. I bet he'd love to pull on those tubes. I'm glad you can hold his hands and feet. The kids love watching him!

Mary Lee Heim said...

HI I AM JUST TESTING TO SEE IF THIS COMMENT GOES THROUGH NANA HEIM

Mary Lee Heim said...

I AM SO PROUD OF SUSAN AND ERIC AND THEIR LOVE FOR LUKE AS THE WHOLE FAMILY SUFFERS THE UP AND DOWN INFO WE ARE GETTING. THE NUMBER OF PRAYERS GOING OUT FOR THIS LITTLE BOY IS SO HUMBLING. SEVERAL COUNTRIES AND MANY CHURCHES AND PEOPLE ALL OVER THE USA. OUR ENTIRE FAMILY ON BOTH SIDES IS TOUCHED TO OUR CORE BY LUKE AND THE BLESSINGS THIS CHILD HAS BROUGHT INTO SO MANY LIVES AS HE WORKS SO HARD TO GET WELL. HE IS SO TINY BUT GOD HAS MADE HIM A LITTLE WARRIOR AS AUNT CARISSA HAS CALLED HIM. THE LORD WILL BE IN CHARGE AND WE MUST BE HIS TRUSTED FOLLOWERS AND HIS NANA HEIM LOVED HIM INTENSELY FROM THE MINUTE I SAW HIM. I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TWO CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES AND LUKE IS NUMBER SIX GRANDCHILD AND JUST AS SPECIAL AS EACH ONE OF THEM AND HAS A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART AND I KNOW GOD FEELS HE IS VERY SPECIAL ALSO. WITH LOVE TO ALL NANA IN NAPLES

Jana Waits said...

Susan & Eric,
I finally got signed on so I can send you a greeting! I love seeing the videos and pictures and hearing the daily updates. Luke is so precious and I can see his eyes bright, looking around and he seems stronger each day. Our Friday group has been there with you in prayer and spirit and praise God for his grace, presence and assurance of His perfect plan. Luke is a blessing all the way to Missouri! God is drawing close to you all. Psalm 127:3 "Children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward."
Love you, Jana Waits