Thursday, March 27, 2008


We continue to walk in prayer for Luke. I sat there and prayed most of the day today that God would please take the swelling from him. He is having some output from his kidneys so that is good, it is still not enough, but the doctor is trying some things that he hopes will get them going. The chromosomal testing the genetics doctor had sent off a couple weeks ago came back totally normal. Once again that doesn't help with any diagnosis as to why Luke is having so much trouble, but good to hear his chromosomes are normal!


One of my favorite Max Lucado books is "In the Eye of the Storm". It really ministered to me in one of the storms of my life. Today a friend emailed me these words to a Casting Crown's song.


"I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands Cause You are who You are no matter where I am. And every tear I cry You hold in Your hand You've never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm."


Once again in my life I am in the midst of a storm, but I know I am not alone. I feel God covering me with His peace, lifting me up with His strength and filling me with His Spirit. God tells us over and over in scripture how he cares for us and will care for us in times of trouble. It is so wonderful to experience God just as He has written. Thank you for continuing to pray for Luke. I know God will see us through this storm.

8 comments:

girlmomx3 said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song. It is so full of promise! It is really good loud with the sun roof open!=) We are praying specifically for Luke's kidneys! My girls love him and are really connected to him through prayer!
Blessings today,
Jane

Kristi said...

We pray daily for Luke, checking your blog throughout our day. Praying for your whole family as well and wisdom for Luke's doctors. Just as Paul grabbed hold to the plank after the shipwreck.........hold on to what God gives you. He doesn't always give us what we want...... sometimes only what we need for the day, the hour, the moment. We long and pray with you for good reports tomorrow.

kirsten said...

Ok. So I am the only weird friend that immediately thought of Noah...please send the flood! In fact, to be honest with you, in the movie Evan Almighty the Noah character is standing on the front of the ark and yells out "is it too much to ask for a little precipitation!!!"

I know you must feel that way...PLEASE release that fluid! Know that we are right there with you every moment. Sorry for the unusual reference but I'm sure you expect nothing usual from me anyway.

:)

Kristi said...

Been praying for Luke all morning, for his kidneys, breathing and comfort as he heals. He is so precious. We are crying out to our Lord to please heal Luke and protect each of you in this storm.

Penny Barber said...

Hey guys,
I can't seem to forget the picture of Susan leaning over Luke's bed singing and comforting him. I continue to pray Isaiah 66:13, " As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you." May god give you the same comfort you are giving Luke.
Thanks for the example you are to all of your friends!
Love, The Barber Bunch

Mike & Amy said...

Dear Heim family-

Eric filled Mike in on little Luke and led us to your blog. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. He sure is a tough little guy!

the Egoroffs

Mary said...

This week my neighbors, Johnny and Susan, made me aware of your blog. Yesterday I read all the posts and I prayed for baby Luke as my heart was so touched by your family. Last night I dreamed that I could see Luke running and laughing and I could feel his little fist hold tight to my finger. You are such a wonderful, strong family and I pray for God to continue to hold your family as he heals baby Luke.

Melissa Harris said...

Just checking in to let you know that our hearts and prayers are with you all and Baby Luke...Very little time passes by that I am not checking in to see status and progress. I just wish there was something else we could do. It is comforting to know you have put Baby Luke in God's hands and your faith is so strong. Baby Luke is an inspiration for us all...I remember Eric telling me on the phone how at times we are hushing the children and now how beautiful the sounds are that at times we take for granted...For me, Baby Luke makes me stop and think about how fragile life can be and to have a little more patience with and comfort our girls when things are escalated and really no big deal. We all so pray for the day that Baby Luke will be completely healed. We send lots of love, happy thoughts and prayers every second.