Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We Will Wait Upon The Lord.


We didn't blog yesterday because we were tired and having a down day. We had a new doctor which always brings new opinions and we were just sad. We really miss seeing Luke's eyes and personality.


Luke remains about the same making progress a little at a time and very slowly. We learned that his ventilator settings are very high but at least they are moving down. We continue to get very conflicting reports from many different doctors and are learning at this point we have a lot of opinions but no real diagnosis other than the pulmonary hypoplasia which means his lungs are small.


There is no "fix" for this, therefore we come before the Father who is our creator and cry out for healing.


Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged for the Lord you God will be with you wherever you go."

7 comments:

kirsten said...

We wait and pray with you, every minute...

Melissa Harris said...

Eric and Susan, Just wanted to let you both know my thoughts and prayers are with you. I wrote several times last night with crocodile tears but could not find the perfect words to say. I just wish there was something I could do for Baby Luke. I love the video you have of him. He is a precious beautiful child. Your faith in God and words of comfort are strong. I do look forward to hearing positive progress tomorrow with Baby Luke. Please keep us posted and let me know if we can do anything for you and the family. I have passed your site on to many. The prayers will continue. Please give Baby Luke our love and happy thoughts. Our 4 year old told me the other day a cute saying..."mommy, my thoughts are not feeling very good"...so we send happy thoughts for Baby Luke and wish and pray for peaceful recovery. Melissa Harris

The Common Link said...

Susan and family, We know you know God loves you. We hope you know we love you too. Hear our prayers O Lord! Love, Mike, Cynthia & Aimee

Linda said...

Susan and Eric I can't imagine how difficult this is for you. The Landers and McConnell families are praying for you and your family. I have fallen in love with Luke. I know that we must wait upon the Lord and I know that this faith walk is a difficult one, but we pray is is filled with love and comfort as you rest in the palm of His hands. Linda Landers

Ryan and Emily Brown said...

We are praying for you daily. We are praying that God will heal Luke and give all of your family peace and strength.
With Love,
Ryan, Emily, Ruthie, Eli and Lillie Brown

Unknown said...

Eric and Susan, Thank you for keeping us all informed. I think about you everyday. It makes everything else in life seem so much less important. If Luke had to go through this he is so lucky to have parents like you. Stay strong and take care of each other. No matter what the future brings you have a lot of love in your house.
Virginia Pitzer

Seacrest Out! said...

Dear Susan and Eric,
Just wanted you to know that David and I are praying for Luke also. You guys have been through so much and I know you must be beyond exhausted. May you experience the peace of God during these trying days. Sending love and prayers your way,
Shelley B.