Sunday, March 30, 2008

God


Luke remains stable in his very sick state. He has not had much output in his diaper today so the doctor is working on that. He continues to be extremely swollen as you can see in the picture. We just continue to pray for healing.

Today I keep coming to the verse, "Be still and know that I am God," Psalm 46:10. I think that is what God wants us to do. Just relax and let him - don't keep trying to take all this back and figure it out. We only need to know that he is God. In the first verse of Genesis it says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." One time in a bible study I was taught that it really could have said, "In the beginning God," and that would have been enough. That says it all. In the beginning God - is all we need. In every situation we face in life God is enough. He is our protector, our comforter, our savior, our friend and our father. We come before him as Abraham did Isaac and lay Luke at his feet. We turn him over as we have to do often because as humans we always want to take it back into our hands. So we will be still and know that God is God.

Luke 1:37 "For nothing is impossible with God."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke is blessed to have such a praying family that loves God. I will pray for your family and for Luke that God will give you what you need for today. Marcie Marriott

Shirley said...

I have been praying for your precious little Luke and your family since he was born. I am in your Mom and Dad's care group at First Baptit Naples. I live in MI, but spend the winter here. You have been such a blessing to me in reading all of your blogs. I pray His peace and grace over all of you. When I lost my husband a friend shared these verses with me and they have meant so much to me, and I am praying them over all of you. Psalm 91:1-4 May He cover you. Love, Shirley Toepler

kirsten said...

I remember that Genesis 1:1 being taught also...and they emphasized "in the beginning..." as in , before you do anything else go to God, trust God...in the beginning.

You all have done exactly that - in the beginning of Luke's life you immediately trusted God with everything.

We will pray for you, as we have from the beginning.

The growing Adkinson family said...

Susan and Eric baby Luke is always in our prayers. I think about you and your family often. In the middle of the night when you come to my mind I pray that he is having a good night. Thanks for the updates and stay strong. Love April (Nashville)

Pam & John Denney said...

WE PRAY AND WE PRAY




WE LOVE YOU,
Pam & John Denney

sweatmanseven said...

We are still praying for Luke daily. Thank you so much for taking the time to update the site. We are always anxious to hear how a day went.

The Sweatman Family

John King said...

A devotional I was reading this week centered on Jeremiah 17:5-8 and spoke about how God uses the trials in our lives to force us to go deeper in our relationship with Him. I know He is using Luke's situation to call us all to draw deeper in relationship with Him than we may ever have been. God loves Luke and God loves all of us who are praying for Luke's healing. Father we know you hear our cries, we know you love this little boy, please bring healing to his body.

girlmomx3 said...

We are praying Luke up in TX. It seems strange to me that I don't even know where you are? Isn't this bloggy thing cool? I am doing a study on Daniel and this past week was on PRAYER! One of the things that struck me was that Heaven IS affected by my prayers even when I don't see any answers on Earth. I think more accurately the answers I want on Earth. . . We are praying for Luke's healing and the wonderful peace that passes understanding for all of those that love him!
Blessings,
Jane