Sunday, March 9, 2008

We are weak, but He is strong.


I love to rock my kids and sing to them. I always sing "Jesus Loves Me". I can't rock Luke so I sing to him every day. As I sing the line "they are weak, but He is strong," I always begin to cry because I think of how perfect that is for Luke. Right now he is weak, but he is being cared for by God who is stronger than any need we have. How comforting to know He is our strength.


Luke got a new breathing tube today because they didn't like the way his was positioned and needed it longer. They were able to put in a larger tube than they had in which is a big thing since one of the concerns was that his trachea might be too small. They were able to get in a tube that is a normal size for his size. Otherwise not much changed today.


6 comments:

Jennie said...

Eric and Susan,
Luke is So amazingly beautiful!!!
I read your update each day! The faith that you and your family have is so incredible. I still pray each day that you will be able to hold him. I believe with all my heart that God will answer that prayer.
Jennie

kirsten said...

"Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided..."

we sang this song today at church...i love to see your updates daily...every day i see how God is providing for Luke. We think of him constantly and pray for you all.

Tyler Renn myspace memeorial said...

Hey Eric and Kristen,
We are just thinking about ya,ll. Luke still has the same peaceful look as he did here at Piedmont. We are still praying for him. I pray the best for him. Just a little tidbit: Even though it was not diangosed with achondroplasia dwarfism, I was reading the latest PEOPLE magazine (March 17) and on page 100 there is a story title Two of a Kind, both of those boys were diagnosed with that type of dwarfism. The boys in the article look great and happy.

Ya'll are constantly in my thoughts and prayers

Teri,
Piedmont NICU

Anonymous said...

Luke is beautiful! Not just in my eyes but also in the eyes of God who created Luke with a purpose. Just continue to trust in the Lord as He works His will out. You are in my prayers.

Keith Brown (Jennie's friend)
Crosspoint Community Church

Pam & John Denney said...

Dear Kids,
We are still walking beside you and praying every step of the way. He is just such a beautiful baby. I know he feels your presence and prayers. We are praying for you to continue to receive your strength from God.

Shannon said...

Hi Susan, Eric, Hogan, and Sydney, We are praying for you and love you very much. Love, Shannon, Shelby, Shelby J, Taylor, Makenna, and Cooper