Thursday, March 6, 2008

Praise Him


As I sat praying over Luke today, I thought of the movie "Facing the Giants" where the coach and the team would say, "we'll praise him if we win and we'll praise him if we lose". I just felt that today was about praising God - no matter the circumstances.


Luke is back on the conventional ventilator and doing well. The doctor is keeping him out of it to see how his lungs perform. Tomorrow they will wake him up and see how he does. They were able to finish up his x-rays so he made it through all the tests! He looked better today which was comforting for us.


We continue to be amazed at the number of people who are following Luke's life. We are so touched be the many people who care and are praying. Thank you all.

6 comments:

Honeycutts said...

Oh Susan Praise Him for making baby Luke! As I kept hitting my refresh button hoping for a new picture there he was so precious. Tears filled my eyes with joy because he looked so good and peaceful. I love you always and forever. I wish I was there to wrap my arms around you. We have always been there for each other. You will always be my big sister. I love you and I am praying for all of you,
Christie

Kristi said...

Dear Eric and Susan,
We too are praising the Lord, as His loving, gentle hand, is still in control. We are praying for you both and for baby Luke. His picture today gave us a sense of peace as well. OUr prayers continue for you to have renewed strength each day and healing for sweet Luke.

Jenni Defler said...

I wake up every morning to see what has happened to Luke the day before. You all are amazing! Ya'll have been a blessing to me with your strength in the Lord. I pray for you all daily!
Love, Kerry, Jenni, Hannah, Maddi and Bryce

Tammy Thomason said...

God IS so good. What a blessing Luke is to you and your words to everyone who reads what you write. These are the times when there are only one set of footprints in the sand - HE is in control and he will carry you through. We will continue to pray for healing for Luke and God's will in this entire situation. We love you guys!
Karl, Tammy, Seth and Abby

Bev Brandt said...

Dear Susan & Eric,
Throughout each day, when Luke comes to mind, we pray for the Great Physician to heal your precious little boy. We can only imagine how difficult this time of waiting must be for you and your family. Your updates are a beautiful testimony of your faith and love for the Lord. May Jesus surround you with His peace as the loving prayers of friends serve as His arms of comfort & encouragement. with love & care,
Bev & Pete

kirsten said...

i am unpacked...and with you every minute.