Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Prayers...

Psalm 5:1-3 " Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for you I pray. In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."

We all continue to cry out to God for Luke's kidneys to begin working again. I pray for healing as I cry out with my eyes as well as the words from my mouth! Sydney prays that God will just make Luke pee so much they will have to change his diapers every two hours! Hogan prays that God will just put his healing hand on Luke and make his kidneys work. I know God is hearing so many prayers going up to him for Luke and we thank you for standing with us.

Psalm 121:1-2 " I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."

Luke remains very swollen. His kidneys continue to work just a little. He did make a little progress today with his oxygen settings which is good since at 100% they didn't have any higher to go to help him. We remain in a wait and see mode. We know it is all in God's hands and we walk in His will knowing that He knows what is best for all of us in this situation. We are so blessed to serve such a loving God who cares for us each step of the way. We walk with a peace that God is in control and we need nothing else.

7 comments:

Sherry said...

Eric & Susan
We want you to know we are crying out to God with you. You all are constantly in our thoughts & prayers. Know that God has a mighty hand & he will carry Luke through this.
Ken, Sherry, Hannah & Sophia

Bronie said...

We love you guys and continue to stand with you and to bombard the gates of heaven for Luke. Your little man has people all over the world lifting him up. We are all being blessed by your strength and faithfulness. Thank you for sharing Luke with us and for allowing us to walk along this journey with you.

Much love,
Bronie, Jay, Ryan, Emily, Wyatt & Elijah

kirsten said...

We are constantly praying...constantly praying.

We love you guys.

Bev Brandt said...

Susan & Eric,
May the Lord continue to sustain you and your precious family with His amazing love and peace as we wait on Him. We persist in prayer throughout the day for sweet Luke and his every need....
Bev & Pete

Jennie said...

We are praying as well for your strength and God's healing arm to come down from heaven and heal Luke. Let his Glory and Powers be known for all man. He alone is God and worthy to be praised.

kirsten said...

hogan and sydney,
We miss you very much and we really pray for Luke. We want to come see you guys very soon.

Love, Caleb and Sarah

Matthew said...

Eric,

I am so proud of you as a friend for your strength and determination. Luke and your family are so lucky to have you as their leader.

I know that God has a plan. We are thinking about you and praying for you very frequently.

Your Friends for Life,
Matt, Dee, Austin, Spencer and Braeden.