Saturday, March 8, 2008

Here is a video from last weekend for a little humor. I was taking a video and he tried to pull his tube out of his mouth!

My friend, Glorious, from Tanzania came to Atlanta today and prayed for Luke and our family. I thank God for the peace He brought with Glorious's prayer. We believe God is healing Luke. We continue to see progress. Today his lung x-ray looked much better. He is back on the oscillating ventilator, but that just seems to be what he needs right now. The radiologist didn't see anything on the skeletal survey that would indicate any specific type of dwarfism so that was good news. Even though Luke is still out of it, he looks so peaceful and pretty. (I can say that even though he is a boy!) I found comfort in a dream I had last night where Luke talked to me and told me he wanted that tube out of his mouth! (Funny he could talk with the tube in there - but anything goes in dreams) He looked so healthy and strong and I was able to hold him.

We serve a God who still does miracles. Jeremiah 32:27 " I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"

3 comments:

Dale said...

We love being able to see Luke. I am so thankful for the peace you received through Glorious from Him.
Luke and all of you are never far from our thoughts. I have been thinking my running dialog and prayers with Him during my days has been incomplete or unfinished because it never seems to have an end. Then through Luke via you I have been reading his Uncle Rob's page and he said something about a lesson he learned from a camp counselor about starting your day in prayer and not saying amen because you should be in contact all day - it made me realize I wasn't quiting or leaving my prayers unfinished I was just keeping Him with me always. I told you Luke has been an inspiration to me. He has touched so many lives. We are blessed for having all of you in our lives. God Bless you all.

kirsten said...

We believe God can move mountains...even if he chooses to move the mountain you are on and things are shaky you are still in His hands. He will take care of everything.

Ben can't wait to see "baby Luke" he talks about him all the time with us.

Karen Barner said...

Susan,
I just found out about Luke, just now. He is so beautiful! I am so sorry he is having to go through so much. I hope you are taking care of yourself. I wish I could be there to help out in some way. We will be there this Saturday. We bought a house in Pike Co. and we are going to be working on it next week. So while I am there I will come visit you and Luke in the hospital. I am sure you and your family are so tired. I will be praying that God will give all of you strength and peace.