Saturday, March 29, 2008

Patience

I didn't blog last night because we had a rare night as a family and there just wasn't much new information to share. My thoughts yesterday again turned to patience. When I wrote a couple of weeks ago about the fruits of the Spirit and me needing to work on patience, I had no idea how patient God would really want me to be. As a family we all tend to be spontaneous. We are definitely up for anything at anytime. This is so hard to wait, but we are learning. God gives us just what we need for the moment. I think it is good that we don't know all of what will happen in the future. We certainly couldn't handle knowing it all at once. I am thankful for each day and the blessings we find daily. I am thankful that God continues to keep Luke alive and we see some progress with some part of him daily. Sometimes we take steps backwards but we usually come right back. Yesterday Luke we woke up to find Luke had a very hard night and had some really high vent settings. By this morning they were back down to the settings from the day before. Last night he had a really good diaper (not enough, but better) then by this morning it was down again. We just ride along on the hills and valleys knowing we are in God's hands and in His plan. God continues to fill us with his peace.

4 comments:

kirsten said...

i am thankful you guys are spending this time together as family...sharing all the ups and downs - learning patience together. You are honoring God by walking through this together.

(Matthew 18:20) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Becky said...

Susan, Eric & family,
Your family continues to be in our thoughts and prayers. You have given us daily inspiration. God bless you all and please know that we are sending you our love.

Becky, Chris, Lilly, Sophie & Emery Romsland

Honeycutts said...

Wow! I have thought about how you all just blow and go all the time. All of you would just be ready to do anything which is great, however now you are getting that time together. Patience is a hard thing to learn. Doing it together and with God right by your side I know you are all doing a wonderful job. I have been keeping up with the blog and praying everyday all day. We love all of you so much. It was so good to talk to you Susan and to Sydney (she is so grown up :)!) The boys ask and pray about Luke daily and so do my children at school. You have also given our family daily inspiration. All our love,
Christie, Russell, Clay & Hunter

EricHStone said...

Eric, aka Bro, and Susan, Hogan, Sydney and Luke,
I finally got my blogger email correction so I can post again, Blogger did not want un identified comments. Chicko aka Aunt Kisa, is here in Tampa, and I think you you all every day. I pray every night, and I breath every minute knowing how special you all are to us "Stones" here in Tampa, we know you know we are praying so hard the Warrior wins his battle successfully if it be Gods will. And peace to be with him during his struggle, his strong will to live each minute he can with you is evident by the miracle moments he continues to rise to glory. And yet he still has moments of exhaustion. We remain loyal in prayer and Diligent in our commitment to do what ever it takes to help what ever and when ever that may be.....The Miracles and Madness of Medicine can never rise above the Glory of Jesus and he is still in control here. I love you all so so so so much.
Carissa