Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Thanks

We thank God for the blessing he has given us in Luke and his journey through his short life. We loved him so much and are thankful he is free from his struggle to breathe, the many tubes, the pain and swelling. We know he is free and healthy in heaven with our Heavenly Father, who created him so special. Yesterday may have been the hardest day of my life, and one I would never trade. I was filled with God's peace and re-assurance that Luke's life would be in heaven. He answered every one of our prayers. He is so good. He allowed me every thing I needed for closure. I even got to bathe him and dress him, something I really wanted to do. I am thankful the nurses have let me be very "hands-on" these last 11 weeks. We are all filled with sadness and many tears but joyful in Luke's victory over this life.

I can't begin to thank every one of you who have followed Luke's story. Your encouragement, love and prayers have been so uplifting to me. God blessed us with you and your words. So many of you we don't even know. I hope someday to meet some of you. (Jane, I will be coming to TX!) We started this blog to share information on Luke but it ended up a wonderful blessing for us in such a hard time. Friends have cared for us so much. We have had food now for 11 weeks. It was so wonderful to come home from a long day at the hospital and not have to plan dinner. Sometimes my mind just couldn't think that much. We have had monetary help with gas - it was an 80 mile round trip each day to the hospital. We have had so many encouraging cards. We have had help from our wonderful parents. God has provided in every way through our wonderful Christian family. We thank every one of you. I am sorry I have been lax in my thank you not writing. I am not a list maker and have lost track of who I have thanked. If you get two - sorry!

As Hogan says - to sum it all up, I am feeling very thankful for each of of you, to God for the blessing of Luke, his answers to our prayers, and his goodness in giving us this wonderful experience.

Psalm 9:1-2 "I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God continue to bless you. Mine and my family's prayers have been with you and will continue to be with you. It has been a blessing to see you in Church as you have been going through these past weeks. Your strength is an encouragement to us all.

Joe Stell

Natalie said...

Susan, Eric, Hogan & Sydney our prayers are with yall. We are here if you need anything.
We love yall so much The twins send there love also.
Natalie Padovano

Milder Moments said...

Susan, Eric, Hogan and Sydney....

I've tried to post a comment 3 different times now and there are just no words..

Tonight, at bedtime prayers, I was talking with Grace (6) about Luke and she said,"Mommma, my heart hurts for Hogan and Sydney..."

I think that "sums it up" for all of us here at the Milder house.

Luke has blessed OUR family in ways we cannot describe. This tiny, strong 11 week old baby boy 4states away has taught us ALL life lessons in prayer, hope, strength and faith. We will never forget him and the incredible journey that you all so generously shared with us.

Psalm 18:1-3 Has alway been a favorite of mine, but I don't know that I have ever witness anyone LIVE it like the five of you.


The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:1-3

Our prayers are with you.

We love you,
Scott, Leslie,Thomas, Grace and Mandy Milder

Anonymous said...

Dear Eric, Susan, Hogan, and Sydney, Ed, and Mary Lee, and all family.
This is written especially for Hogan and Sydney:
In 1971, I visited by brother in ICU, ventilated and flacid, a few hours before Jesus received him into his arms. He was 3 and knew so much more than we did. A few weeks before he became ill, he packed his suitcase to go on a long camping trip, wearing cowboy boots and just underwear, he somehow knew he would be leaving us. We all laughed and thought of how funny he was. I was on bedrest for 6 weeks at 14 yrs old with a swollen spleen, never knowing that would be some of his last days. After he left us, we found his only suit and dress shoes in the suit case for the funeral. For we were very poor, we had to find the only one he had. This journey that you will take will follow you forever, never forget that Jesus is holding Baby Luke, and you will see him again. The Psalms are how God helped me through those days after. I asked God to let me be a light in a dark world, as a nurse I can hold peoples hands and give God's love back to them. I love you and hope to meet you someday.
"God is our refuge and strength."Ps 46:1 TeresaRN/Naples

Anonymous said...

Susan - Our prayers are with you and your family and mom. We know Luke is in heaven with our Lord and he will take care of him. Cindy has kept me posted on Lukes progress

Chuck Lazenby

The Common Link said...

Oh Susan, please feel our arms around you. We love you so much. You are so very special (hear that the way Dr. Goings said it!) in so many ways. Aimee asked me to share with you that she is very sad but she is happy that Luke is in heaven. She wants you to feel her hugs. Love, Cynthia & Aimee

Gloria Aultman said...

Thank you so much for sharing Luke with me during his time of illness. I have drawn closer to God in prayer and my faith has strenghten all because of your family and the trial you all faced. I am so thrilled that you all held Luke in your arms and felt his little body so close. Oh that makes me happy. I rejoice that Luke is in heaven smiling knowing how he touched so many of our lives. God Bless all of you. Love gloria

Hagens said...

Eric, Susan, Hogan, & Sydney---

We simply can't tell you how much you have encouraged us through Luke's illness. We are extremely appreciative that you shared your daily experiences of your beautiful son. Although we never got to personally meet Luke, we felt a presence that brought us close to him. He was fortunate to have such loving parents and siblings with him during his illness and now he is fortunate to be in the loving hands of our lord! We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers! Love ya!

Mark, Rita, Ashley, Marisa, and Jake Hagen

Misty Burns said...

Susan,
I know you will not remember me, but I did meet you a couple of times. When Rob served at the inner city church in Nashville, my husband Mike was the youth pastor. I have been following your blog from day one. I have also been praying for your entire family. I just want you to know that Luke has touched so many lives. I feel like I have lost something, and I never even met him. I just want you to know that you are prayed for.
God Bless you All!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the life Luke had in being part of a family that loved him with every fiber of their being. Both of you are amazing parents and I am sorry for your pain. You are both children of God as was Luke. I know you loved Luke immensley, yet God's love is beyond measure for him. Rest in that. Marcie Marriott
Marcie.Marriott@leesummit.k12.mo.us

Nicole said...

I have no words to say...I have been following Luke's precious life since a prayer request came thru on Bronie's blog. I continue to lift your family up in prayer. I am thankful that you know the Father who can hold you in is loving and comforting arms.

Nicole in TN