Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hungry

A couple of days ago I took Sydney to my brother's house so she could be with her "twin". That is what she and Sarah are calling themselves lately. (They couldn't look more different so it is really cute!) Of course I was hungry for our ususal - SATCO - San Antonio Taco Co. So after a huge healthy lunch of wings and chips-n-cheese I headed back to Atlanta. As I sat down on the plane I realized I was still hungry not for food but for God's word. I opened to Revelation as I wanted to read a little about heaven. Even though I didn't understand a lot of the things I read it was comforting and there in the midst more reassurance that God made Luke just like He wanted. Revelation 4:11 " You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being." As I know I will for a while I continue to go back over each day of his life and each little part of him. I loved him so much and miss him so much even though it was a tough life for all of us, especially him. God is providing healing tears and so much support from friends.

4 comments:

jj1991 said...

Susan, I am thinking of you and your family often. Luke is on my mind. My e-mail address is jjalbany2922@gmail.com. Please e-mail me.
Jennifer

Gloria Aultman said...

I prayed for you all in church this morning and ask God to give you comfort. Then I came home to read what you had written and I was touched again by the things you read and tell us about God's word. Your such an inspritation to all of us even though you are the one who is going through Luke's death. God works everything together for his glory. God bless all of you. Love gloria

kirsten said...

satco can fix a lot of things but not this...i wish it could. thanks for letting us love your kids this week (and yes, rob is watching them while i'm on the computer - hey, that's a switch!)

Kristy said...

Susan,
I am thinking of you and praying for your comfort. I know that I feel only the smallest fraction of what you must feel, but it is still hard for me to go on your blog - knowing I won't see an update of Luke. But like you - I am so happy for him to be where we all ultimately want to be. He left a wonderful legacy of touching so many people on this earth during his short life. Thanks again for continuing to share with us.
In my thoughts and prayers.