Saturday, May 24, 2008

Faith

I talked with some friends last week about how at night my mind wanders back over all Luke went through and the decisions we made and was it all right. We all agreed that when we are finally quiet and trying to go to sleep is the time we are attacked the most. I have been able to get through each night with tears, but turning it all over to God. I have to go back through His perfect plan. He chose the exact number of days Luke was to be here on this earth and we had nothing to do with that. I am finding more peace as I sleep. I have faith that God led us through Luke's life exactly the way he had planned and He will lead us through his death with His comfort and peace. I am reading a book on grieving that my brother brought me written by his friends David and Nancy Guthrie. I really like what they say on faith. "This is what real faith is - a gift of God that enables you to keep loving and following him even when His plan is not yours, even when death has taken away the one you love. God promises that His gift of grace will be enough."

Hebrews 11:1 " Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

5 comments:

Paige said...

Although we have never met, I feel moved to send you a brief message. I consider myself part of the Goerz Family. When Ann e-mailed the link to your blog to me several months ago, I found myself checking it nearly every day. I hope it gives you some comfort to know that you and Luke touched the heart of a complete stranger. You and your family are in my prayers.

Gloria Aultman said...

Your message today on faith really touched my heart. Your strength came from the grace of God because of the faith you so strongly believe in. I have not forgotten you and I love hearing the kids voices from my house. As strange as it may seem it does my heart good to know the children will be getting back into playing and enjoying the summer. I pray you do well in the coming months taking it one day at a time. love gloria

Anonymous said...

Susan,

I just wanted you to know that we think of you and your family often and you all are in our prayers.

Much love,
DeAnn

Anonymous said...

Susan,

You continue to inspire people and give them strength. Your faith in the Lord is very inspiring.

Thanks for being an excellent leader in your faith, it makes me want to reach higher in my faith and love of the Lord.

Your Friend,
Matt Denney

kirsten said...

it was GREAT to spend the weekend with you....and your food :)

we may not be much of what you need but we want to love you along the way.