Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bump in the road!


After eight days of steady progress we hit a bump in the road. Last night and today Luke's co2 level has been up. It is down a little tonight but still not as low as I would like to see. You can pray with me that it will come down and level out at a lower level. He is eating about half what he was when he came to Scottish Rite. I think this is the highest he has gotten since then on his feedings. He still looks so good. Our weekend nurse could really tell a difference today in his swelling. I think at the peak of his swelling he was about 6.5 kilos and he is down to 4.6 as of last night. I tell him he is my incredible shrinking little man!

6 comments:

ahornbuckle said...

I can really tell in this picture that his swelling is going down. Praise God!

Anonymous said...

Hello Susan,

You can count on me to be praying specifically as you requested! I check your blog every evening and Luke's picture is one of the last images I see before going to sleep. Please know that he is in my heart and my prayers.

I met your mom last Sunday in the Womens' Sunday School class. I don't know if she had an opportunity to tell you that we chatted a bit. One of these days our paths will cross; I know that you are involved in the Preschool Ministry because we received a postcard from you (via the church) regarding the children singing tomorrow. Our son Nathan is 5 and will be a New Kid on the Pew in August, so hopefully I will meet you before we move on!

Sincerely,
Lisa Wagner

Gloria Aultman said...

I will pray about the co2 levels and that Luke will have a better day tomorrow. I guess God wants us to be a little more patient. He looks so precious. You all hang in there and I will continue to pray for all of you. Love gloria

kirsten said...

He looks GREAT! We'll pray for his levels...and pray for your levels too (level of extra activities with the kids, level of patience driving back and forth and back...)

I just crack up thinking that he's listening to THE cd...

girlmomx3 said...

Hi Susan~
I posted about Luke on my blog yesterday.
www.girlmomx3.blogspot.com
I know you're busy, but I think/hope you would be encouraged by it. We just prayed for Luke and will pray for your specific request in the morning on the way to school.
Expecting a miracle,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!!! I'm really sorry about what happened I was praying and I will still pray for you and you family.