Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thirsty?


I can remember the two best Diet Cokes I have ever had. You may think this is weird, but if you know me I always have a drink near me. Usually Diet Coke, water or tea. My first (best) DC was in New York City after a LONG day of walking and sightseeing. I remember how thirsty I was as we walked into the hotel and how good that DC was. My second (best) DC was at the end of the second day of the Susan G. Komen 3-day 60 mile walk for breast cancer. My friends and I walked up a hill at the end the 23rd mile of the day and there at the top was a Quick Trip. Of course we detoured in for a much needed DC to quench our thirst. In a recent sermon the pastor talked about Matthew 5:13 where Jesus tells us we are the salt of the earth. The pastor talked about how salt made us feel - thirsty. (I know because Mexican food is salty and I always need more DC) He shared how we should make people thirsty for God if we are truly being the salt of the earth. Our very lives should make people thirsty so we can share how God can quench that thirst over and over again no matter how thirsty we get. He satisfies our thirst more than anything here on earth can. He is our living water. I want to be thirsty for God and I want to make others thirsty for more than Diet Coke!

2 comments:

Gloria Aultman said...

amen!!!

kirsten said...

i'll never drink a diet coke the same way again....!