Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm back...










Sorry it has been so long. I've let life get me too busy and we were gone a week on vacation! We have had a few monumental things happen. Hogan got all his hair cut off and Sydney has lost both her front teeth. Both of them look so different now! We had a great time as a family in Orlando. We did one day at Magic Kingdom, one day at Wet and Wild (where I screamed on most rides - they were crazy, scary slides!) and one day at the Nick Hotel (seriously overpriced room, but well worth watching the kids have so much fun. We even got slimed.) It was good to get away. I have also been able to get together with Luke's nurse from Scottish-Rite. It was really good to connect with her again, I enjoy her friendship. She was our weekend nurse and we became really close talking each Saturday and Sunday. I thank God that he gave me two friends in the nurses who took care of Luke. It is good to be able to talk to them since they knew Luke.



While in Tampa we went to church with Eric's sister. I loved their church and their pastor(http://www.idlewild.org/). He used a verse I loved. Micah 6:8 " And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." He talked about living compartmentalized lives - do we do or act certain ways around certain people or are we an open book, living for Jesus everday in all we do? Do we wear masks everyday and not just at Halloween? Does what we do on Friday match what we do on Sunday? God requires so little of us yet it can seem monumental in this earthly world. He just wants us to walk humbly with him. The pastor defined humbly or humility as total dependence on God. Walking with God through the big and the small in life, the good and the bad, the mountains and the valleys. We may not live perfect lives, but as believers we are forgiven in our walk with our God.










1 comment:

Gloria Aultman said...

I missed you and am glad your back. I read this the other day and hadn't had time to let you know.

So glad you got to be with the nurses that took care of Luke. It meant a lot how much they cared.

Keep the blog going as it inspires me. I love your verses that you relate to. gloria