Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Plugged In

There's an outlet in my bathroom at my Mom's house that when I plug in my hair straightener and try to use it, the plug always falls out. The connection is just loose from years of plugging things in and pulling plugs out. It is really frustrating when you want to keep your appliance plugged in and it keeps falling out. I was just sitting here listening to Mercy Me and thinking about God in that way. No matter how hard I try to stay "plugged in" sometimes I just get "pulled out" by life. I guess that is just a daily struggle in the world we live in (at least in mine!). I want my plug to stay in tight so that I am constantly plugged in to God. I pray often that he will fill me with such a desire for him that the earthly pulls can't make my connection loose. I am thankful that God desires a relationship with us and keeps pulling us back in when we fall out. He is just like that electricity - always on - just waiting for us to plug into him so he can fill us with his strength, spirit, power and love.

Ephesians 3:16-18 "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in you inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power together with all the saints to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ."

2 comments:

Gloria Aultman said...

I love the way you put this. It is so true of many of us especially me. I always need God to keep pulling at me and believe me he does. I also keep reaching for him and I fall short so many times. Thank you for the inspiration you give me in each of your blogs. love gloria

kirsten said...

makes me laugh....how about when you turn on the hair dryer and light dims...that's me. the dim bulb. I'm not that bright but God still shines through....He's so good. :)