Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family


This is a family tradition - the Fourth of July parade in Peachtree City. As you can see I did a little tie-dyeing this year! We love to look obnoxious with our spirit - the more red, white and blue the better. One year we may even be in the parade. Who knows what we will represent but the float will be awesome. Every year we add more ideas to our list for someday!


We still miss Luke and always will. As far as grieving, I think I grieved for Luke so much while he was alive that I am doing well right now. As far as the kids and Eric, it is hitting a little more lately. We just try to support each other, cry and talk about it. That seems to help. We pray as a family for God's direction for us and are ready for where he leads.


Today some beautiful little girls who live in an orphanage in Haiti sang at church about needing nothing but the Lord. They truly have nothing but Jesus. It was so moving to listen to and think about what they were singing. We truly need nothing more in this world than Jesus. He can take care of our every need and is our hope for heaven. I strive daily to put God first in all I do and to be bold enough to share him with others. It doesn't always work that way. The stuff of life always creeps in to busy up my day. But each day I will wake up and do my best to start with God and his desires for my life.

No comments: