Monday, June 23, 2008

Tears of Joy

I have to thank my brother Rob and sister-in-law Kirsten for the beautiful video of Luke's life. They are such wonderfully talented people as well as tremendous supports for all of us.

I too watched the beautiful video of Luke with tears streaming down my face - tears of joy for the beautiful little boy God entrusted to us for a short time. As I was crying and watching Sydney said, "You know he is in a better place, Mommy". I think that is where we all are. We miss Luke but know he is in a much better way and place. Tonight as we were going to bed Sydney said," I just wish Luke could have stayed here. I really wanted a baby in our own family to take care of." We talked some more about God's plans and how this one would have to remain God's plan as we can't have any more children of our own. I know this is all difficult for a six-year-old to understand, good thing ours is six going on 16! We do all love babies and had so much fun holding my cousin's baby Cooper last week in Kansas City. He is a darling eight-month old chunk! I think the mothering nature is like that of a shepherd. In a devotional book I was reading by Max Lucado he talks about "God ... the waiting Father, the caring Shepherd in search of his lamb. His legs are scratched, his feet are sore and his eyes are burning. He scales the cliffs and traverses the fields. He explores the caves. He cups his hands to his mouth and calls into the canyon. And the name he call is yours... The message is simple: God gave up his Son in order to rescue all his sons and daughters." What a picture of God searching for each one of us to be his children. It is so important to know him and listen to his voice.
I pray for God to continue using us as a family, I pray we will be still and listen to his voice, I pray God will continue growing our faith and keep us close beside him - our Shepherd.

3 comments:

D and T said...

Dear Susan,
"The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want." Jesus loved us so much, he did the most ultimate sacrifice.
Five years ago, when I met Kathleen, I thought I would never meet someone like her. She has had stage IV cancer 3-4 times and has been healed, each time, through prayer, fasting, and she has read the Bible 7 times. The first time we feared the cancer had intruded her placenta and her baby 35 weeks growing inside her. I had to leave the exam room, to cry in the bathroom. Nurses are suppose to be in control. Her baby is growing fine and has no sign of cancer. Jesus heals here on earth or by taking the person to heaven, to be healed. God always answers our prayers and he is always faithful. You are much like Kathleen. You are very rare. I have grown my faith, by hearing your words of faith. You have given me courage, as Kathleen has also. Friday by accident, I ran into Kathleen's son's Dad, he didn't know Jesus. After praying with Kathleen for him to find Jesus for all these years, I boldly asked Jesus to speak for me to this man. When I left, the man had prayed and accepted Jesus as his savior. God's perfect timing and so many praying for God's will..yields answers to our prayers. The Dad thought you went to heaven by being good or going to church. Like you just said, it's about saying Jesus thank you for dying on the cross for me, thank you for forgiving my sins...."In Him(Jesus) we have redemption, through HIS blood, and the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace." Eph 1:7, "By grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift-not from works, so that no one can boast." Eph 2:8-9. I later went to the office, a patient who had a 10% chance of being alive was in despair. She had no hope of tomorrow. We removed all the baggage off her back and put it at the foot of the cross of Jesus. She cried and surrendered all. "Lord thank you for Susan and Eric, who know you and you know them. Thank you for their words of your hope of eternal life. God bless them during their grief and hold them in your arms. We love you.Amen."

kirsten said...

6 going on 16? nooo, not syd.

i'm just so thankful to hear some "life" in your voice when we talk...we'd do a million videos for you if it would help.

just don't ask me to cook.

:) see you SOON

girlmomx3 said...

Hi Susan~
I'm so glad you've found your "voice" again. It's good to hear your WISE words again. Our God is so big and so amazing. Your peace really passes understanding.
I hope you are still planning a trip to TX.

Blessings,
Jane